About Circuit Court Judges
Circuit Court judges are elected for an eight-year term by the Virginia General Assembly. Judges for the Colonial Heights Circuit Court, 12th Judicial Circuit of Virginia are:
- Honorable Timothy J. Hauler, Presiding Judge
- Honorable Frederick G. Rockwell, III, Presiding Judge
- Honorable Steven C. McCallum, Chief Judge
- Honorable Lynn S. Brice, Presiding Judge
- Honorable David E. Johnson, Presiding Judge
- Honorable Edward A. Robbins, Jr., Presiding Judge
Terms of Court
The terms of court are as follows:
- Terms begin the first Tuesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- The first day of term for grand juries is at 10:00 am.
- Civil cases are set by consent of counsel with the Clerk of Circuit Court or at docket call.
- Criminal cases are set by the Circuit Court Clerk on designated days.
- Court convenes at 8:00 am and 9:00 am, depending on the docket.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in general chancery cases and in designated divorce cases.