Community Criminal Justice Board
Community Criminal Justice Boards (CCJB) were initially developed, by Virginia Code in 1995, to advise localities on the development of local community corrections and pretrial services. The Chesterfield/Colonial Heights CCJB has expanded its focus to take advantage of the unique, multi-disciplinary forum where key stakeholders are gathered, to focus on implementing community-wide change that promotes public safety. The CCJB proactively addresses criminal justice issues in the communities of Chesterfield County and the City of Colonial Heights. The impact over the years has been significant as the board moves toward a more coordinated and responsive criminal justice system.
Membership on the Community Criminal Justice Board shall consist of:
- The Chief Judge of the 12th Judicial Circuit Court, or another Circuit Court Judge designated by the Chief Judge
- The Chief Judge of the 12th Judicial General District Court, or another General District Court Judge designated by the Chief Judge; and a second General District Court Judge designated by the Chief Judge
- The Chief Judge of the 12th Judicial Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, or another Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court Judge designated by the Chief Judge
- The Commonwealth Attorney for the County of Chesterfield or designee
- The Commonwealth Attorney for the City of Colonial Heights or designee
- The Sheriffs for the County of Chesterfield and City of Colonial Heights or designee
- The Chief Magistrate for the County of Chesterfield and City of Colonial Heights
- The Chief of Police for the City of Colonial Heights
- An Attorney who is experienced in the defense of criminal matters before the 12th Judicial District and Circuit Courts
- A member from each governing body or a city or county manager, county administrator or executive, or assistant or deputy appointed by the governing body
- A representative of local education
- A Community Services Board Administrator
- Two citizens to be appointed at the discretion of the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors
- Two citizens to be appointed at the discretion of the Colonial Heights City Council
Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of every other month in the Chesterfield County Commonwealth Attorney's conference room, located at:
Chesterfield County Courthouse
9500 Courthouse Rd.
Chesterfield, VA 23832.
All meetings are scheduled to begin at 6:00 pm. Visit the City Calendar for meeting dates.
For more information, call Kris Bryant (804) 318-8217.