Maddie's Magnificent Playpark
“Because of you…there will be a place where every child can play.”
The Maddie Mann Foundation for Accessible Play is a non-profit, tax-deductible organization dedicated to making communities more accessible. The foundation’s flagship project is to create a universally designed playground at White Bank Park in Colonial Heights that will enable children with and without disabilities, Veterans, Parents, Grandparents, and everyone the opportunity to play.
The beautiful, waterfront White Bank Park currently hosts many local events and offers picnic pavilions, disc golf, fishing, large parking lot and soon to be completed new ADA restrooms. Your support for this playground will provide a valuable “service” to every single person in the region who plays on it for years to come. Please consider giving the gift of play and showcasing your philanthropic support as a sponsor.
On a Barrier-Free Playground you will find:
- Every individual can reach the highest play deck
- Play structures configured to support individual’s development
- Universally accessible pathways and surfacing
- Cozy spots where everyone can gather
- Equipment like swings and bouncers with back support
- Elevated sand tables and activity panels where individuals of all abilities can play together
- Sensory-rich activities that let the imagination soar
A Barrier Free Playground is a wonderful way to bring individuals together, eliminate bias, and to provide another opportunity for inclusion and fun! The estimated cost of the playground project is $250,000 to $300,000. We are actively searching for foundations, businesses, contractors, and community partners to support this project. Here is how you can help.
- Monetary donations to the Maddie Mann Foundation for Accessible Play…no amount is too small.
- In-kind business and contractor donations; A&E services, site work, electrical, concrete, tree removal.
- Volunteer for our Community Build Days; we are seeking experienced individuals to build and assemble the equipment and help with some heavy lifting.
Please feel free to contact us with additional questions.Visit the Maddie Mann Foundation Facebook page for more information and project updates.
The Maddie Mann Foundation for Accessible Play
P.O. Box 188
Sutherland VA. 23885
|Karen R. Pusey|
Recreation & Parks Director