How do I report a street light that is out?

To report an ornamental or overhead street light out, please submit an online service request or call (804) 520-9372 during normal business hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

PLEASE NOTE: The City does not maintain the overhead street lights. The City will report an outage of a street light to Dominion VA Power as a courtesy to citizens that report the outage to the City. Residents are encouraged to report any street light outage directly to Dominion VA Power by calling 1-888-667-3000. Follow prompt 1, and then prompt 2. When reporting an outage directly to Dominion VA Power, please provide the pole number of the light that is out. This pole number is found on the side of the pole. This pole number is essential when reporting any outage.

Show All Answers

1. What are the hours of the City's Recycling Center?
2. How can I get a new recycle bin?
3. How can I dispose of household items that won't fit in my trash cans?
4. What time of day should I put my trash cans on the street?
5. How do I get additional waste cans and what is the cost?
6. What is the collection day for household trash?
7. What is the collection day for recyclables?
8. How do I obtain a replacement trash can?
9. How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?
10. Who do I contact about a drainage problem?
11. Who do I contact about having a tree trimmed or removed from a public right of way?
12. Who is responsible for repairs to an existing driveway or the installation of a new one?
13. How do I determine if a tree is on city property?
14. How do I get my leaves removed from the sidewalk/roadside in front of my property?
15. Who do I contact about a sidewalk that is broken?
16. How often are the streets swept in our neighborhood?
17. How do I report a pothole or other depression that needs to be fixed?
18. When will my street be treated and/or plowed?
19. How do I report high grass that needs to be cut in a public right-of-way?
20. How do I report a street light that is out?